I'm sharing today a very simple technique for creating backgrounds using acrylic paints and plastic wrap. Many crafters use this technique, but I am sharing how I do it, and hope that you will try it.
- watercolor paper
- acrylic paints
- plastic wrap
- small mixing container
- Pour some acrylic paint into the container and add water.
- Mix well. For this project I thinned down the paint a lot, wanted the colors to be translucent.
- Add the diluted paints randomly to the paper.
- Place the plastic wrap over the paint . Squeeze and move it around creating folds as you go.
- Leave the plastic wrap over the paper and set aside to dry, approximately 24 hours. Here is where you have to be patient.
- Once completely dry, remove the plastic wrap.
- Optional: add some shimmer with Perfect Pearls Mist.
I used the background for a fat page featuring one of Rick's images called Inferno.Blog.
Hope you liked the tutorial and have fun creating.